It is a very cold winter here in Melbourne, Australia. How to prep for your immune system 'test' this season?
Get a flu vaccine? Or would you rather do it the natural way?
Here are some ideas if you choose to do it naturally..
- Eat less sweets. According to study reported by the American Journal of Clinical Nutrition, when one consumes 100gr of sugar (equivalent to 3 cans of soda), the white blood cell's ability to fight off bacteria greatly decreases.
- Drink lots and lots of water. Human body uses water to detox any harmful viruses and bacterias. The more you drink, the cleaner your body. To visualise the concept (I know it is a bit gross), think about what water can do to flush your toilet. I hope it will encourage you to drink more everyday, because who loves the sight of an under-flushed toilet right? So make sure you have enough water to flush out your body.
- High Quality Water Consumption. The quality of your drinking water does matter. Unfiltered tap water may contain rust and chlorine. It is important to drink filtered water to increase your immune system.
- Avoid stress. Do what you can to reduce stress. Take life more easily, be grateful of what you have, declutter your house, take time to take care of yourself. Get in touch with your inner spirit by meditating or praying. Inner peace will result in a healthy body.
- Alkalise. Eat plenty of alkalising food. Vegetables like cucumber, broccoli, avocado, asparagus, spinach, are very high in alkaline. Drink Alkaline water, this is a very easy way to keep up your alkaline level and increase immunity.